HomeStamford History Research InformationStamford Room Materials

Stamford Room Materials

Books and Manuscripts

The Stamford Room at the DiMattia Main Branch contains sources for Stamford and Connecticut history. A lot of the resources were donated by the Connecticut Ancestry Society. This room also houses municipal documents, old city directories, genealogical materials, and biographies of prominent people of Stamford and Connecticut.

Subjects and items described below highlight the types of materials available in genealogy and local history.

Cataloged Periodicals

Stamford File

Valuable clipping file collection contains articles from the Stamford Advocate, on all aspects of the community, its business, government and people, cultural, and educational institutions, different historical events, city documents and booklets.

For more information please ask at the second floor Information Desk at the DiMattia Main Library or call 203-351-8221.


The library has two large collections of early Stamford photographs, donated by Charles Kurz and Carl Lobozza. Mounted and labeled photographs are available for public viewing with special permission. Photocopies of the photos are located at the second floor Information Desk of the DiMattia Main building.

Overbrook Book Collection

Extensive collection of materials published by Overbrook Press, Stamford, CT in 1934-1969.


The library owns a number of yearbooks from local high schools.