Stamford History Microfiche & Microfilm
The library holds over 250 reels of US Census records, vital, church and cemetery records, city directories, and school yearbooks.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records Prior to 1850 – The collection was compiled under the supervision of Generals Lucius A. Barbour and Lucius B. Barbour. Microfilm reels are available alphabetically both by town and surname. Also available online: Stamford Barbour Index (1641-1853)
- Connecticut Cemetery Records 1673-1911 – The microfilm collection was compiled by William A. Eardley.
- Historical Grave Stones in Stamford – Headstone inscriptions, Town of Stamford, Connecticut. The microfilm collection was compiled by Charles R. Hale.
- The Hale Collection of CT Cemetery Inscriptions for Selected Fairfield County Towns
- International Genealogical Index (IGI) – The microfiche collection was compiled by the Church of Latter Days Saints. The collection is housed in metal cabinets outside the Stamford Room. Copies are also available at all Mormon Family History Libraries.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for the City of Stamford
- US Census of the Population for Connecticut and Fairfield County (1790-1930)
- Heritage Quest – Research resource for family history and American culture. Includes Federal Census records and the UMI Genealogy and Local History collection.